Staying Warm with the 2XU Hyoptik Tights
Disclaimer: I received 2XU Hyoptik Tights to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
HYOPTIK MID-RISE THERMAL COMPRESSION TIGHT
It was a pretty mild start to winter here in Northern Virginia. I was wearing t-shirts in December and barely ever took out my coat. Now it is January, and Jack Frost has finally brought us some cold weather. It was perfect timing because I was sent a pair of 2XU Hypotik Tights to test out!
These tights have definitely received a lot of use in the past few weeks. I have worn them on my training runs, during races, and to shovel snow. The tights have definitely kept me warm in the 15-30 degree weather, and they will continue to get a lot of use for the rest of the winter season!
- HYOPTIK reflective logos for visibility
- Compression support for greater protection to abductor, glute, quad, hamstring and calf muscles
- Graduated compression for improved blood circulation
- Comfort power wide waistband with powermesh for smooth streamlined fit
- Flatlock seams to reduce chafe
- High filament yarns for dryness – moisture wicking
- Antibacterial and UPF50+ sun protection
- I used the size chart to pick my size. The tights fit me once on, but because they are compression, it is a workout in itself to put on, especially pulling them over my hips. I’m not sure the larger size would be better because then I would lose all the compression qualities.
- I like that these tights have reflection qualities since I do a lot of my running at night, and I want to be safe.
- I’ve worn these up to 12.5 miles. I like that they are a higher rise because they cover my “rolls” and don’t slide down too much.
- I like that these tights are NOT see-through!!!!!
- These tights keep me warm once I start moving. You can feel that it is cold out, but I never really GOT cold while wearing these. I wore them when the wind chill made it in the single digits and I was fine.
- These tights are comfortable to wear. I am hanging out in them right now as I sit on the couch and write this post 🙂
- I wish that these tights came in different colors and patterns. Just sayin’…..
They seem like great running tights! It is hard to find coverage that keeps you warm enough in single digits without feeling like you are wearing a ton of layers.
I agree colors and designs would be a great addition to the tights.
They would be a perfect addition to my running gear!