5 Reasons to Run the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon
Welcome to the Friday Five Link-up! Today I am sharing Five Reasons to Run the Blue Ridge Marathon! Feel free to add your own Friday Five on the link-up at the bottom of this post!
I’m excited to be an official blogger for the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon! I ran the half marathon in 2016 and thought the race was awesome! This year I will be walking the 10k (I was originally going to tackle the full marathon, but I will have just had my first child). The Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Double Marathon, Full Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k, and 1-miler will be taking place on April 22, 2017 in Roanoke, Virginia. It is looking to be fun and challenging day!
Want some more information? Read on for
5 Reasons to Run the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Double Marathon, Full Marathon, Half Marathon, or 10k
1. It’s for a good cause!
The Blue Ridge Marathon Series was created by a non-profit known as Roanoke Outside. Their mission is to connect people with the outdoors, engage them for a lifetime of recreation, as well as promoting an active and healthy lifestyle.
2. You are up for a challenge!
3. It’s more than just a marathon!
If you are not ready for the challenge of a running a full marathon up and down three mountains, maybe you are ready to take on the challenge of the Foot Levelers Half Marathon (which climbs up two mountains) or the Anthem Star 10k (with 2000 feet of elevation change). Even better, there is a 7.5 hour cutoff time for the half marathon – so it is walk-able! And if you are feeling even MORE AMBITIOUS – join up and run the official Double Marathon!
4. It’s a HIGHLY rated event!
The Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon has over 155 five-star comments on Marathon Guide and all five-star reviews on BibRave. A third party survey of all runners brought a 100% satisfaction rating last year! They have a reputation as a well-organized, community supported and amazing finish festival, with live music at the finish line, along with a local craft beer garden, food trucks, free massages and more to make a festival-like atmosphere. I had a blast running this race, and that is why I want to return again!
And guess what else…FREE photos!
Want to sign up to run? Come join me!! Use the code BRMFRIENDS at checkout and receive a 15% discount on any of the race distances!
1. Write a post about 5 things
2. Link back to one or both of our blogs (Adventures By Katie and Whens My Vacation) in your post so that your readers know you’re a part of a link-up and they can discover the other posts on the theme
3) Add your link to the link-up at the bottom of one of our blog posts (it will show on both of our posts). Remember to link up a specific post and not the general link to your blog, or it won’t make sense in the archives of our posts.
4) Visit other blogs in the linkup and leave comments! Feel free to use our badge, but it’s not required.