Disclaimer: I received a pair of Under Armour HOVR Sonic Shoes as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Under Armour HOVR Sonic Shoes
I was sent a pair of the new Under Armour HOVR Sonic shoes to test out! Woohoo for new shoes, especially when you are supposed to be marathon training…(I see you Marine Corps Marathon…) I am also excited to test them out as I train for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon, coming up this September!
- UA HOVR™ technology provides ‘zero gravity feel’ to maintain energy return that helps eliminate impact step after step
- Compression mesh Energy Web contains & molds UA HOVR™ foam to give back the energy you put in
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Soft knit upper dries fast & provides a breathable, compression-like fit that delivers lightweight directional strength & unmatched comfort to help you go the distance
- Ventilated midfoot panel increases breathability
- Unique tongue construction is attached to the footbed by stretchable support wings to maintain a snug fit throughout the foot
- External TPU heel counter for additional support & structure
- Removable, anti-microbial Ortholite® sockliner molds to the foot for customized comfort & cushion
- Blown rubber under the forefoot is lightweight yet incredibly responsive
- High-abrasion rubber placed under the heel to help absorb ground contact
- Offset: 8mm
- Weight: 8oz/225g
The Under Armour HOVR Sonics are around $100, so not too bad for a nice running shoe!
There is also a “Connected” version of this shoe that uses UA’s Record Sensor technology to connect seamlessly with the MapMyRun app, giving you detailed running metrics, including pace, cadence, stride length, and distance.
I didn’t get that much time to test out these shoes due to them arriving right before I went on vacation to Hawaii, and I certainly was not going to be running there. (I did look up races, but none were happening while we were there…)
Then, unfortunately, I sprained my ankle pretty bad while paddle boarding, and I still haven’t really recovered. I wore my shoes around a bit to break them in, but did not get any real miles on them, yet 🙁
The shoes ARE comfortable, and I look forward to putting in some real miles. I also love the ventilation of the shoe, especially for running in this sweltering summer we are having!
Fellow BibRavePro Reviews
Luckily, my fellow BibRavePros had more luck than me this month and have amazing reviews about the HOVR Sonics.
So, while I may not (yet) be useful in my review, hopefully you will find some helpful and personal experiences in theirs: