Disney’s Flower & Garden Festival Topiaries
One of my most favorite times to visit Disney World is during the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. The weather is good, all the flowers are in bloom, and it is a beautiful time. I love wandering around and looking at all of the topiaries. What a fun job it must be to be able to work on designing and building these works of art! There are 400 Walt Disney World horticulturists that install all of the flowers, and 100 of them maintain them during the festival! There are a total of 30 million blooms and more than 500,000 plants, trees and shrubs planted for the festival. That is a lot of up-keep! I think I saw most of the topiaries while I was wandering around. A full list of topiaries at this year’s festival:
- NEW! Anna and Elsa – World Showcase Plaza
- NEW! Goofy About Spring (features Goofy, Chip ‘n Dale and friends) – near Main Entrance
- NEW! Miss Piggy & Tour de Fleurs Garden – Italy Pavilion
- Spring Is in the Air! – butterfly topiaries behind Spaceship Earth
- Disney-Pixar Buzz Lightyear – near Mission Space
- Cactus Road Rally (Mater and Lightning McQueen) – play area at Test Track Walkway
- Fantasia – West Future World
- Phineas and Ferb – Odyssey Bridge
- Farmer Mickey and Minnie – between Future World and World Showcase
- Bambi and Friends (Bambi, Flower and Thumper) – Canada Pavilion
- Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tick Toc Croc – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Aurora and Prince Phillip – between International Gateway and France Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Disney-Pixar Woody – American Adventure Pavilion
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- The Lion King (Mufasa, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Sarabi, Simba and Timon) – The Outpost between Germany Pavilion and China Pavilion
- Cinderella and Prince Charming – France Pavilion
- Year of the Ram – China Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion There are still a bunch of themed-weekends coming up in which you can explore everything the festival has to offer:
- April 17-22: Look for special “Earth Day Weekend” activities such as specialists from Disney’s Animal Kingdom (4/17-19). On April 22, learn about conservation efforts to protect coral reefs, sea turtles and sharks at the Seas with Nemo & Friends and see the reveal of the sand sculpture base on the Disneynature film Monkey Kingdom.
- April 24-26: It’s Florida Fresh weekend! Daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., find out about Florida agriculture at the Festival Center.
- May 1-3: Experience the tropical beauty of the hibiscus show. Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- May 8-10: Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
May 15-17: Visit hands-on presentations on the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot State 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. Concert Series Similar to the Food & Wine Festival held during the fall, the Flower & Garden Festival has some outdoor kitchens! The different countries have kiosks with food and drink that highlight their local produce. I had a chance to partake in a few yummy items and will be posting about those soon! I had a great time visiting all the topiaries. This is my favorite festival and I can’t get enough of all the beauty! I am so glad that I had the chance to visit this year!
Magical Mickey Link-up
Welcome to the Magical Mickey linkup: the linkup centering around a love for Disney, sharing that love and connecting with others. I hope you find this linkup as a great place to turn to for Disney content each week and help all the bloggers participating out by helping readers find that great mouse-eared content. I’m co-hosting with John from Run. Geek. Run (disney), so of course check out his blog
Grab the Magical Mickey Monday badge!