Asian Quinoa Salad
This week’s meal plan included an easy quinoa salad. This meal doesn’t use too many ingredients (I have most of them in my house as staples) and was pretty quick to put together. This dish keeps well and tasted almost even better the next day as leftovers because the flavors had time to infuse together!
Asian Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
1 cup red cabbage (I used pre-cut)
1 cup Edamame (I defrosted frozen edamame)
1 bell pepper, chopped (I used reconstituted freeze-dried peppers)
1 large carrot, grated or chopped up ( I stuck it in my Vitamix on low to chop)
Sriracha, to taste (optional)
For the dressing:
1/4 cup Tamari (soy sauce)
1 tablespoon sesame oil (I used Hot Pepper Sesame Oil)
1.5 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
1 inch fresh ginger, grated/minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 green onion, chopped
Handful of fresh cilantro, de-stemmed and chopped
1. Prepare the bell peppers, green onion, cilantro, and ginger as stated in the ingredient list.
2. Bring quinoa and 2 cups vegetable broth to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Fluff with fork and let cool.
3. Combine the tamari, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, green onion, cilantro, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
4. Mix the quinoa and veggies together, and then add the dressing. Top with sriracha if you desire some spiciness!
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature. I liked it better when it was cold.
This looks so light and refreshing! Perfect for summer 🙂
I love the idea of this salad. I was wondering if you have any suggestions to substitute for the soy since I do not eat anything with soy.
Sure, just add some more veggies or some chickpeas!
Now that’s my kind of recipe. Yummy and easy to prep ahead to have on hand during the week.
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for linking up with Fitness Friday!
Yum, I love quinoa and this looks like my kind of salad! Definitely making this soon! Thanks for sharing!
I adore quinoa so I could eat this recipe everyday! Who can resist this healthy, delectable salad! Thanks for sharing your
Asian Quinoa Salad recipe with us on the Plant-Based Potluck Party Blog Hop. I’m pinning and sharing.
Oops, Correction: I adore quinoa so I could eat this yummy recipe everyday! Who can resist this healthy, delectable salad chock full of crunchy veggies. Thanks for sharing your Asian Quinoa Salad recipe with us on the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop Blog Hop. I’m pinning and sharing.