Sweet Potato Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
The Ingredient of the Month for November is the Sweet Potato! Bloggers are encouraged to develop, make, and post a recipe using this ingredient and then post it on the monthly link-up! If you would like more information, please visit my Ingredient of the Month page!
I first made this recipe for my 2012 Easter Dinner, but I thought I would share it again. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, this recipe would make a great side dish for your dinner festivities. There are only a few ingredients and it is super easy to put together. And, the taste is great. I love the mix of sweet potatoes and cranberries! And did I mention that this recipe is healthy? Not a lot of sugar or marshmallows in this recipe!
Feel free to add more sweet potatoes if you are feeding a larger crowd!
2 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup cranberries
green onions, finely chopped
1/2 lemon juice
1/4 cup sweetener of choice
3 tbs dijon mustard
1. Cook sweet potatoes in microwave, 4-6 minutes on each side (make sure you pierce potato before cooking) [you can also roast these in the oven!]
2. Peel and cut the sweet potato into bite sized pieces
3. In a small pan, cook cranberries until they have softened [quick fix: use Cranberries]
4. Chop green onions
5. Assemble salad ingredients in bowl.
6. In separate container, mix dressing ingredients
7. Add dressing as desired and enjoy!
The Ingredient of the Month for November 2014 is the Sweet Potato!
Do you have any recipes using sweet potatoes? Link them up!
Want more information about this link up or becoming a host? Visit the Ingredient of the Month page!