Who is joining me THIS Sunday, June 7 for the 2015 Washington DC Gluten-Free Expo?
Educational Sessions: 10am-12pm
Locatation: DoubleTree Bethesda Hotel (8120 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda, MD 20814)
The 2015 Washington DC Gluten-Free Expo will feature more than 70 gluten-free vendors from across the world. Each vendor will sample and/or sell their products. In some cases, the vendors will offer large discounts to purchase products at the event.
This is a great way to learn about different gluten-free products that are available! I attended this expo a few years ago and learned so much about managing my diet.
In the education sessions, experts will discuss the latest advances in celiac disease research and provide information on managing a successful gluten-free lifestyle. Topics will include:
- Understanding Celiac Disease: An overview of celiac disease and the science behind the condition.
- State of Celiac Disease: Research on celiac disease and gluten-related disorders has come a long way in the last year. This presentation will provide an update on the latest research in the field and discuss the practical applications of the findings.
- Gluten-Free 101: The nuts and bolts of managing a gluten-free lifestyle. How to ensure you’re getting the proper nutrients while on a gluten-free diet. Preventing nutrient deficiencies.
- Inside Your Kitchen: Setting up a safe gluten-free kitchen and preventing cross contamination within the home and when eating at restaurants.
- Celiac and Psychology: Treating both the mind and body of patients and families living with celiac disease or a sensitivity to gluten.
- Nutrition and Gluten-Free Baking: Curious about the dozens and dozens of gluten-free flours on the marketplace? This presentation will look at some of the most popular gluten-free flour replacements and their nutritional properties. You’ll also discuss a variety of gluten-free all-purpose flours and determine which products are best for using in your favorite recipes.
- Local Support Resources – presentation from the DC Metro Celiac Organization on local resources.