5 Reasons to Run the Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon
Next month on June 4, 2016 is the Wine Country Half Marathon by Destination Races. This race will take place in Loudoun County, Virginia.
Now, why should you run this race??
- The race starts and finishes at Doukenie Winery, the perfect venue for hosting the post-race Wine & Music Festival, Presented by Visit Loudoun.
- This scenic, tree-laden course runs north of the winery on historic byways, passing vineyards, farms, ranches and estates along the way. Seriously, how beautiful is this scenery with all the lush green grass and trees?!?!
3. There is a Wine & Music Festival at the finish. Over two dozen wineries from Loudoun County will be pouring. You’ll also find exhibitors, food truck offerings, the awards ceremony and a popular band, all in a beautiful outdoor setting at Doukenie Winery. This event is open to guests so bring your friends and family to celebrate with you.
4. It’s the perfect time of year. It’s the end of spring/beginning of summer, so hopefully it won’t be too hot at the race start. When you are done, it should be very pleasant weather for enjoying the after party!
5. I will be there! I am excited to be running this race! Even better, I have a discount for you! Courtesy of BibRave and the BibRavePros, use promo code ‘BIBRAVE10’ for $10 off your registration! You can register HERE.