Disclaimer: I received 2XU Hyoptik Tights to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
HYOPTIK MID-RISE THERMAL COMPRESSION TIGHT
It was a pretty mild start to winter here in Northern Virginia. I was wearing t-shirts in December and barely ever took out my coat. Now it is January, and Jack Frost has finally brought us some cold weather. It was perfect timing because I was sent a pair of 2XU Hypotik Tights to test out!
These tights have definitely received a lot of use in the past few weeks. I have worn them on my training runs, during races, and to shovel snow. The tights have definitely kept me warm in the 15-30 degree weather, and they will continue to get a lot of use for the rest of the winter season!
- HYOPTIK reflective logos for visibility
- Compression support for greater protection to abductor, glute, quad, hamstring and calf muscles
- Graduated compression for improved blood circulation
- Comfort power wide waistband with powermesh for smooth streamlined fit
- Flatlock seams to reduce chafe
- High filament yarns for dryness – moisture wicking
- Antibacterial and UPF50+ sun protection
- I used the size chart to pick my size. The tights fit me once on, but because they are compression, it is a workout in itself to put on, especially pulling them over my hips. I’m not sure the larger size would be better because then I would lose all the compression qualities.
- I like that these tights have reflection qualities since I do a lot of my running at night, and I want to be safe.
- I’ve worn these up to 12.5 miles. I like that they are a higher rise because they cover my “rolls” and don’t slide down too much.
- I like that these tights are NOT see-through!!!!!
- These tights keep me warm once I start moving. You can feel that it is cold out, but I never really GOT cold while wearing these. I wore them when the wind chill made it in the single digits and I was fine.
- These tights are comfortable to wear. I am hanging out in them right now as I sit on the couch and write this post 🙂
- I wish that these tights came in different colors and patterns. Just sayin’…..