Let’s Run for the Zoo! A Virtual Race for Lincoln Park Zoo
*Disclaimer: I received an entry into Run for the Zoo as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!*
Run for the Zoo | Lincoln Park Zoo
The Lincoln Park Zoo is Chicago’s free zoo and it needs help supporting the animals during this difficult time. For this reason, the annual Run for the Zoo will transform into an exciting virtual running experience! Through Sunday, June 7, 2020, you can register for the Run for the Zoo Virtual Run.
This annual highlight on the Chicago running calendar benefits Lincoln Park Zoo and helps to keep it free and open 365 days a year. Virtual race highlights include:
- A 5K and 10K virtual race options to run, walk, or enjoy nature in your community and support the zoo!
- A virtual Safari Stampede race to encourage kids to express their inner animal
- Mailed race packets with themed tech shirts (with a brand new logo for 2020!)
- Commemorative Supporter medals for qualifying participants
- A special virtual race bag with incredible deals from our partners
- Weekly motivational communications
- Digital commemorative participant bib and finishers certificate
Some special awards have been added!
1st place male and female runner for the virtual 5k and 10k races will each receive a special animal plush from the Gift Shop. To qualify for this award, participants must submit a photo of GPS verification.
In honor of the 42nd year of Run for the Zoo, the 42nd-place male and female runner for the virtual 5k and 10k races will each win a membership to Lincoln Park Zoo.
In honor of the 152nd year of LIncoln Park Zoo, the 152nd-place male and female runner for the virtual 5k and 10k races will each win a large animal plush from the Gift Shop.
Join the Run for the Zoo Facebook Event page for motivation and support.
Registration and Discount
Want 10% off your registration? Use promo BIBRAVE10 when you register!