Disclaimer: I have received Aftershokz Headphones to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I rarely wear headphones at all, but especially not when I run because I hate how they feel. I’ve tried so many different types: normal earbuds, specialty earbuds, over the ear headphones, wireless headphones, wired headphones. I just don’t like them. They make me feel blocked away from everything going on around me, and they make my ears all sweaty and slimy (not really, but that is what it feels like to me!). Then they fall out, get tangled, and I get frustrated and don’t wear them anymore.
Luckily, I was sent a pair of Aftershokz Trekz Titanium headphones. These headphones don’t go in the ear, but conduct sound through the bones in your head.
From the Aftershokz website:
Bone conduction is a natural part of the hearing process—sound travels through our eardrums and bones simultaneously. Transducers guide mini vibrations through the cheekbones to the inner ears, delivering sound without plugging or covering them. We’ve taken the concept to the next level through development of a suite of proprietary audio technologies and design patents. The result: headphones that deliver unrivaled situational awareness and comfort.
It took me a little time to get used to these because they felt different than anything I had previously tried. I was initially worried that they would bother me in my neck area because it sticks out a bit, but I barely notice it.
Since receiving these headphones, I have been wearing them pretty much every time I run. The sound is clear, and it even works with phone calls. No one has ever complained about not being able to hear me, even when I am running!
- Bone conduction technology delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds
- Titanium wraparound headband is lightweight and flexible for durability and portability
- OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear
- PremiumPitch+™ guarantees a premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass
- Wireless Bluetooth® 4.1 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing
- LeakSlayer™ technology significantly reduces natural sound leakage
- IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather
- Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge
- EQ presets boost bass and reduce vibration on the go
- Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech
- Audrey Says™ voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk
- Hassle-free 2-year warranty
I am super pleased with these headphones and wear them all the time! I also got some for my husband because he kept stealing them from me!
Want your own Aftershokz? Use promo code “BIBRAVE” for 20% off any product!